http://www.sfmkd.com
March 28, 2024, 04:55:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Members Login Register DIRECTORY FACEBOOK TWITTER  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Explorer 8 browser problem  (Read 6486 times)
Lohengrin
Administrator
Warrior

« on: April 07, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »

It has come to my attention that there is a bug in I.E.8 that causes the slide bar to "jump" to the top of the screen if you are typing or editing long posts and private messages. Currently, there are no updates from Microsoft to fix this problem and Simple Machines (the people that created the forum) are unwilling (or unable) to provide any proper fixes.

There is some code that can be added to the forum to stop this from happening but reports from various sources suggest that it is a bit hit or miss. However, if I find a better solution I will see if it works.

In the meantime SM support suggests that you either change your browser or change the compatibility mode on I.E.8 browser to I.E.7 compatibility. You can do this by using the instructions below. Hopefully this *should* fix any problems you may have with the forum.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Changing the compatibility mode on Internet Explorer 8

To change the browsing mode and open web pages in I.E.7 mode, you need to make some changes. Launch your browser and open Tools menu > Developer tools (F12). Under developer tools open the “Browser Mode” and change it to Internet Explorer 7.

You can easily revert back to Internet Explorer 8 mode anytime you like. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:44:02 PM by Lohengrin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: